EM Wholefoods Australian Grown White Quinoa - in various sizes
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain sufficient amounts of all nine essential amino acids..
It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
- very nutritious - Quinoa is an edible seed that has become increasingly popular among health-conscious people. It’s loaded with many important nutrients.
- Contains the Plant Compounds Quercetin and Kaempferol - Quinoa contains large amounts of flavonoids, including quercetin and kaempferol. These are potent plant antioxidants with numerous health benefits.
- Very High in Fiber, Much Higher Than Most Grains - Quinoa is much higher in fiber than most grains. One study found 17–27 grams of fiber per cup (185 grams). Most of the fiber is insoluble, but one cup of quinoa still contains 2.5 grams of insoluble fiber.
- Gluten-Free and Perfect for People With Gluten Intolerance - Quinoa is naturally gluten-free. Using it instead of typical gluten-free ingredients can increase the antioxidant and nutrient value of your diet when you’re avoiding gluten.
- Very High in Protein, With All the Essential Amino Acids - Quinoa is high in protein compared to most plant foods. It also contains all the essential amino acids that you need, making it an excellent protein source for vegetarians and vegans.
- Has a Low Glycemic Index, Which is Good for Blood Sugar Control - The glycemic index of quinoa is around 53, which is considered low. However, it’s still relatively high in carbs.
- High in Important Minerals Like Iron and Magnesium - Quinoa is very high in minerals, but its phytic acid can partly prevent them from being absorbed. Soaking or sprouting degrades most of the phytic acid.
- Has Beneficial Effects on Metabolic Health - quinoa can improve metabolic health, by reducing blood sugar, insulin and triglyceride levels. However, more research is needed.
- Very High in Antioxidants - Sprouting increases their antioxidant levels even further.
- May Help You Lose Weight - Quinoa is high in fiber, protein and has a low glycemic index. These properties have all been linked to weight loss and improved health.